"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
"plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
I will be found by you," declares the LORD
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14
Feeling bad today......
**********
Just gone through a tired week.
Actually I don't know why I was so tired.
I was not as busy as many other people.
But still, I feel I didn't have time to rest.
Maybe the main reason was I felt so lonely.
Follow the MO by myself, nobody to talk with when I was free, I can gossip with nobody, and then going home alone, going to school and attend lesson alone......
I didn't need to talk much in a day.
It really made me depressed. I hate this......
How should I survive in this situation?
Dr. Cheung is really nice. He explained many things to me and took me to see the Echo procedure.
However, when he asked me what I want to see or learn here, I still can't answer......
I feel bad about this......
In the ward, I can see there is not much things to do with many patients.
Many of them just come and have many different tests or scans in order to rule out a list of diseases.
If nothing was found, congratulation! There is nothing we can do for you and you can go home.
I understand this is how western medicine works. But it seems turning hospital into a checking center......
At that moment, I strongly feel that Chinese Medicine is much more human......
In HK hospital, I can see that the works are clearly divided. If the patient is "lucky" enough, he/she can receive a series professional service from eg. doctors + physio + occu + social worker + special team of nurse(eg. stroke)......Wow, that's really a lot of ppl......
On the other hand, doctors duty become only deal with physically problems and referring other psycho-social problems or rehabilitation to other people.
I know this is somehow necessary and good for them in a hospital.
But is this the best holistic care? I don't know.
Moreover, what is a "doctor" anymore? It seems doctors job is doing referal and asking for consultation......
Maybe I am thinking to much again.....
Talked with a houseman in the ward.
I found that we are similar in many ways as a junior doctor/practitioner.
We need more experience!
I can see the MOs always teach them and let them do the procedures(or sometimes do together with them)
I really wish our practical training in mainland is also like this......
It's only daydreaming......
How should I adapt to my new life?
I don't like this lonely life......
2 comments:
where is MMW?
or maybe, meet us sometime!! then we have plenty thing to gossip!!! ^________^ come on, babie!!
You're not alone =)
Chau Chau: I don't think this is a matter of MMW!
Post a Comment